Hear ye! Hear ye!
This blog is not about weddings. I felt the need to change it up a bit. If you know me… this is not a surprise to you. I like to be different on purpose some times.
This blog is about something that has been on my heart the last few weeks: doing little things to remind people how much you care about them.
If you feel a tug at your heart to reach out to a friend. Do it. God is probably telling you they need some joy in their day. A sweet phone call or text can go a long way.
Recently my friends showed up for me. It made my week! They surprised me at the EBE Open House and gave me the sweetest encouragement note. I cried. It was exactly what I needed.
That’s probably why this topic is on my mind. I’ve been trying to think of ways to pay it forward this week. It has been such a wonderful train of thought. (Choo Choo!)
Here are some ideas I came up with during my thought travels:
- Send/deliver a handwritten note. There is nothing like a good handwritten note delivered through the snail mail. I LOVE getting mail. I know you do too… I can see you smiling thinking about opening up a letter addressed to you. Side note: I received a potato with a note written on it in sharpie through the mail. It was hilarious. KatyAnn sent it to me. She was my MOH. If you don’t know her, you’re missing out. She’s a good friend to have… she sends you potatoes in the mail. What more could you ask for?
- Send a funny GIF or video. Let your friend or loved one know that you are thinking about them through laughter! Sing them a song through voice memo. Just be careful with this one. If it’s funny enough, they may save the video and use it against you later. You’ve been warned.
- Send an electronic gift card. Lots of places offer them! I received a Starbucks card in an email. I loved it. I went to Starbucks that day and used it. Oh, what joy!
- Take a friend a meal. Something super yummy with lots of calories. Calories don’t count when you are with friends, am I right?
- (Referring back to the top here) A sweet call or text really does go a long way! Set up a coffee date and pay for it. Something simple to show your friend you care.
I’m excited about paying it forward. I love making people smile.
Who is on your heart to bless today?
Who could you reach out too today?
I have a friend in mind right now. I’m grabbing a pen and paper, and I’m sending them a note of thanks and encouragement.
Looking forward to hearing about your pay it forwards!